Once you come to know that you or any of your loved ones have been diagnosed with Cancer, it will hit you mentally. Many often get depressed regarding the treatment procedure and final well-being. Well, with the blessings of modern science, we can notice the massive progress in cancer treatment.
Presently many doctors count a lot on Robotic Surgery as this surgery is less painful to the patients. In addition, many feel that robotic surgery means a Robot performs the surgery process. Here doctors carry on the surgery process using Robotic tools. It is minimally invasive surgery, and it is carried on in both laparoscopy and open surgery. These robotic tools first appeared in 1990, and its popularity is getting popular over the years.
Robotic surgery and its potential benefits :
Patients from all parts of the world are still not aware of the benefits of hi-tech Robotic surgery. So let’s check the benefits of the surgery below.
- This surgery reduces pain.
- This surgery is lower in risk and complication.
- Patients will suffer from less blood loss, and they don’t need to stay in the hospital for a long time.
- This surgery needs less incision, and hence patients experience less scarring.
- Patients can return to their everyday life without much delay.
What do patients need to check during the surgery?
Once you are going to have robotic surgery, it is necessary to follow the guidelines mentioned below.
- Patients need to follow the directions of the doctors and the dos and don’ts of the as mentioned by doctors.
- Here you need to ask your doctor or dieticians about the meal you should take.
- Here, the patient needs to monitor the side effect and always take suggestions from the specialists to stay safe and secure. If an infection, the patient should consult with doctors immediately.
Dr. Ashish Pokharkar is a Onco Surgeon Doctor & Cancer Specialist with Experience of 12+ years in surgical oncology in various departments. He is one of the few Cancer Specialists in Pune who tirelessly work to give new life to cancer patients. Due to his selfless service for cancer patients he is called as best oncologist in Pune.