What Is Minimally InvasiveSurgery?
In Minimally invasive surgery, doctors use a variety of techniques to operate with less damage to the body than with open surgery. In general, minimally invasive surgery is associated with less pain, a shorter hospital stay and fewer complications.
Laparoscopy — surgery done through one or more small incisions, using small tubes and tiny cameras and surgical instruments — was one of the first types of minimally invasive surgery. Another type of minimally invasive surgery is robotic surgery. It provides a magnified, 3-D view of the surgical site and helps the surgeon operate with precision, flexibility and control.
Continual innovations in minimally invasive surgery make it beneficial for people with a wide range of conditions. If you need surgery and think you may be a candidate for this approach, talk with your doctor.
Types of minimally invasive surgery:
- Adrenalectomy to remove one or both adrenal glands
- Anti-reflux surgery, sometimes called hiatal hernia repair, to relieve gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Cancer surgery, for example, to destroy a tumor
- Colectomy to remove parts of a diseased colon
- Colon and rectal surgery
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
- Endovascular surgery to treat or repair an aneurysm
- Gallbladder surgery (cholecystectomy) to remove gallstones that cause pain
- Gastroenterological surgery, including for gastric bypass
- Gynecologic surgery
- Heart surgery
- Kidney transplant
- Nephrectomy (kidney removal)
- Orthopedic surgery
- Splenectomy to remove the spleen
- Thoracic surgery, such as video-assisted thoracoscopy surgery (VATS)
- Urologic surgery
Dr.Ashish Pokharkar provides the best Minimally Invasive Surgery in Pimpri Chinchwad (pcmc)
Dr. Ashish Pokharkar -Minimally Invasive Surgery Specialist in Pimpri Chinchwad (PCMC)
Dr. Ashish B Pokharkar is a Minimally Invasive Surgery specialist and cancer surgeon in Pimpri Chinchwad (PCMC). He has been trained in general surgery from BJ medical college and Sassoon Hospital, Pune. After completing graduation, he completed his super specialization in cancer surgery and received MCh degree from the eminent and prestigious Tata memorial hospital, Mumbai. After passing MCh he was selected for a fellowship in minimally invasive and robotic Oncosurgery from Tata Memorial Hospital.
He is one of few surgeons who do minimally invasive complex laparoscopic & robotic surgeries. He is known for his empathic attitude towards cancer patients. He strongly believes in ethical and evidence-based medicine which is a core part of his practice.
Book Your Appointment Today
We welcome your questions Do you have questions regarding your own situation? Do you actually want to resolve your problem and not just temporarily cover up the pain?