The first sign of breast cancer is developing a lump on your breast. However, symptoms vary depending on the type of Breast Cancer. This is because not all patients get a lump. Therefore, patients have to keep a lookout for warning signs.
Breast lumps can be present under one of the armpits or on the chest wall. You may experience discharge or bleeding from your nipples. At times, there can be swelling as well as redness on any part of your breast and a nipple can look flatter than usual. It is extremely important for patients to go for check-ups to prevent it from the very get-go.
Symptoms of Breast Cancer
Some of the tell-tale symptoms of breast cancer are listed below for your convenience.
- Swelling or thickening of any section of the breast.
- Altering shape and size of the breast.
- Dimpling or irritation of the skin of the breast.
- Nipple discharge of blood.
- New lump in underarm or breast.
- Flaky skin or redness in the breast or the nipples.
- Pain or pulling in of the nipple area.
- Pain in other areas of the breast.
Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Targeted and Hormone Therapy will help when it is hormones or genes that play a role in the growth of cancer.
- A lumpectomy is when the doctor eliminates the tumor while keeping the breast intact.
- Chemotherapy is the best type of cancer treatment. It involves the usage of drugs that are anticancerous. These drugs will interfere with the ability of the cell to reproduce.
- A mastectomy is when the doctor removes the breast tissue consisting of the connecting tissue and tumor surgically.
- Radiation involves the use of radiation beams to directly treat cancer.
Early detection is the key to prevent breast cancer. If you suspect any of the above symptoms, you can get in touch with Dr. Ashish Pokharkar who is based in Pune, Pimpri Chinchwad (PCMC). He will be able to provide the necessary treatment.