Every year, a large number of people are losing their lives to blood cancer. That is why we as individuals need to spread awareness about blood cancer in the month of September. In this month, we educate people about the different kinds of blood cancer. This consists of Myeloma, Leukemia, Hodgkin’s disease, and Lymphoma.
Through spreading awareness, we want people who suspect having blood cancer to get treatment as soon as possible. Early medication can prevent the disease from getting worse. Moreover, people need to know about the various treatments that are available for blood cancer. Some of the treatments include targeted cancer therapy and immunotherapy.
What can you do?
- We can honor the work of our leaders who are working hard to make people aware of blood cancer. This will also enable us to reach out to more people by promoting these leaders.
- With the help of social media, it has become easier to get in touch with other people. Therefore, you can connect with others and share their posts that are about fighting blood cancer.
- We can participate in some of the blood cancer campaigns in our local areas. This way, we will help people in your neighborhood to know more about blood cancer.
Why is it important?
- Spreading awareness is essential as every three minutes someone is getting diagnosed with blood cancer.
- It is important to let people know about the impact of different kinds of blood cancer.
- In case someone is suffering from blood cancer, they will have access to the various treatments available.
In the Blood Cancer Awareness Month of September, you can get in touch with Dr. Ashish Pokharkar Best Cancer Specialist in Pune. He is an expert in this field, and he can offer support to such patients.